5.14.2008

why i don't like ikea.

1. it is impossible to buy a frame or a frame with a mat for an 8x10. they insist on cutting their mats to 8 1/4 x 10 3/4. this does not work with any type of print one would have. sure, i could get a 10x13 and then lop off half of it, but then the integrity of the original composition is messed up. (although, i'll be the first to say that an 8x10 is a crime of a crop to my original image, but that's entirely beside the point. the point here is to say why ikea is dumb.)

2. they've stopped offering bags. now, i'm all for going green. i only use paper bags at the grocery store if i need one for the recycling. but to give no warning? and to only offer a bag the size of toronto? poor. very poor.

3. their carts are crap. they're all swingy and free to move, but so much so that by the time i'm done shopping, my entire right side hurts from trying to turn tight around corners and down aisles lined with glass.

4. i don't like that i have to go through the showroom first. i don't care about the showroom. i know what i want and i want to go get it. i don't like having to go up to the showroom and then back down the level i both started on and want to be on. it's stupid.

5. their elevators only open to one side. so when their escalator is out, and i have my cart full of unbagged vases and candle holders, i have to wait for the elevator, maneuver around the deep cracks in the sidewalk so the weird escalator wheels don't get stuck in them, walk back into the building and then out to the main parking area. ridiculous.

and as i put my cartload of those vases, candle holders and frames into the cub foods paperless bags from my trunk, i cursed ikea. i cursed it like it ought to be cursed.

posted by julie @ 8:08 AM

1 Comments:

At 3/10/2011 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I completely agree!! Ikea is dumb!! Every now and then, Chuck and I are looking for something to do and we come up with the "great idea" of going down to Ikea to get ideas for what we want to do with our house or how we can reorganize something better...with in minutes of entering the store I am filled with this intense rage! The store is so big with no real price tags on anything, there are so many people walking on the narrow paths...it's hard not to get frustrated and upset! lol...so I just thought I'd let you know up there that I agree, Ikea is dumb...and it's hasn't changed!! I hope you have been able to take some spectacular photos up there...I can't wait to see them some day! Miss you....

In Christ's love,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary