11.15.2007

the fine things.

there is a little old lady that i pass every day on my way to work. she's always out walking in her reflective orange and yellow vest. i think that's funny. because it makes her look a little like a road construction worker. since it's gotten colder, i figured she'd wait until later in the day when it's warmer to walk, but every day, she's still out there walking in the near dark. and she's added a coat and mittens and a scarf, tied old swedish style.

she's adorable.

someday, i really hope i get to live a life that lets me wake up in the morning, bundle up, tie a scarf around my head instead of my neck and go out walking.

posted by julie @ 9:47 AM

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2007 7:17 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

There's a cute older couple in the apartment across the way from mine. She tends a window box garden every day, and he sits in a glider and watches. I can always count on them to be friendly and wave when I return from work, and sometimes I stop and talk with them for awhile. I'm inspired by them, too.

 
At 12/20/2007 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Sigh* Now I'm feeling nostalgic.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary