1.02.2007

warn your children.

so i'm sick. i'm knocked out with some blasted cold. i spent my weekend with it (it was fairly well-tempered, but not nearly as much fun as snowshoeing would have been yesterday in all our fluffy new snow!) and am quite ready to be done.

but i wanted to let you know that my tongue is bleeding. don't be alarmed. it's not gushing. if it were, i would likely not be at work blogging. i'd be at the hospital blogging.

why, julie? why is your tongue bleeding?

well. i fell asleep with a cough drop in my mouth. and moments later, i was rudely awakened by what felt like a needle stuck in my tongue. but it wasn't a needle. it was the final shard of a ricola.

yes, only me.

i've been stabbed by a cough drop.

posted by julie @ 11:22 AM

3 Comments:

At 1/02/2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Brilliant.
I won't take up space here to confess to the many silly way's I've hurt myself over the years...but, you're not alone.

 
At 1/02/2007 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds painful...and kind of a harsh experience to go with a miserable cold.
No, you aren't alone. Maybe one day I'll blog about the unknown dangers of velcro.

Liz

 
At 1/03/2007 7:39 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

last night I was eating cinnamon life in bed, and a shard of one broke off and got stuck in my finger, just like a splinter. oops, you guys say sliver...don't you.
it hurt REAL bad. maybe it was the day for "unsuspecting consumables injuries."

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary