5.23.2007

i'm an idiot.

today, i went to the bank. i made a deposit. and while this may seem like a fairly minor thing, it's actually an act worthy of clapping. or some shaking of the head. so go ahead. shake your head.

i should have gone to the bank two weeks ago. when i first started collecting checks in my purse. but i didn't. i'd get in my car after work, turn up the music, put my hands on the wheel and drive. and stop thinking. knowing that i was only going home and i'd have to start working again, i used my commute as my downtime. and every day, i drove right by the bank. and forgot to deposit the checks.

i kept getting checks, too. and the back of my mind had this really terrible idea that made no sense at all... wow. i keep getting more checks, the longer i wait to deposit these. maybe i'll keep getting checks if i don't ever make it to the bank. like i said. dumb. this type of thinking is the result of someone not getting much sleep since october. and that someone is me. so i have lots of really dumb thoughts these days.

monday, i overdrafted. this is why i am an idiot. i have the money. it's not like times are so hard and i'm not sure where my next meal is going to come from. i do.

from one of those checks sitting in my dumb purse.

and so, i passed my pennies worth of paper over to the teller this afternoon and she turned it into roughly $1500. it's really a good deal.

i should try it more often.

posted by julie @ 1:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary