7.13.2005

tuesday night.

i was so hot last night when i walked in my back door. all i wanted to do was change and sit. not move. not touch myself. because i was hot. and sticky. i'm walking around trying not to let my legs touch. the phone rings. who the heck is that? 608. 608. i know that number. who is it? hello? julie? it's rachelle. i don't hear those words enough, i decide. i miss my dear friend. she's calling to tell me about a reunion this weekend in menomonie. i already know about this because our other roommate emailed me. i can't go. i have a couple of shoots, my nephew's birthday party and i'm housesitting. i'm really disappointed-i'd like to see them all again. we talk for two hours. we look through our pictures, and laugh about them. oh, remember this one? yeah, that's so great! who's that guy in the back? we have a lot of the same pictures. we remember them well. she was my best friend. my sister. she got my doubles. i got some of hers. she is in the room with me. sitting next to me. pointing to a picture. she might as well be. that is what our conversation would lead one to believe. it has not been a year since we last talked. it doesn't feel like it. how are people? we saw jay and chrissy a while back... they're good. brian went out with us a couple of weeks ago. he's not doing well. i hate news like that. i ran into monica at potbelly last fall. she had a little one with her. hey, remember this one? why were we on bikes in the hallway? remember when we wrote the reunion? that was funny. where the heck is that? i have it somewhere. i'll look for it. i wonder if any of it happened? two hours goes by like it's twenty minutes. it always does. we'll have to have another reunion. mike mentioned that. he wants to have one in the fall when people don't have weddings or vacations. let me know. i hate this part. i know. i never want to say good-bye. me neither. talk to you later. have fun this weekend. i will. bye, hon. bye. i don't hear her voice enough. how does it happen?

posted by julie @ 8:35 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary