5.19.2006

leaving the road.

i had so much on my plate last night. i had a shoot to edit, laundry and dishes to wash, plants to plant, a lawn to mow and a bag to pack. oh, yeah, and eat.

after running errands, i was driving home and i left the road. i turned left when i should have gone straight. i took an hour to do what i promised myself would only take minutes. i got some decent pictures. nothing i'm blown over by, but it was a good reminder to me that it's necessary for me to be spontaneous sometimes. to blow off the responsibilities of life and just be. it was a well spent hour.

i got home, mowed and planted in the rain and then started the laundry and dishes. i went to bed because i was tired and packed this morning. i didn't get to the photos. i forgot to eat.

tonight, i leave for the cabin, from which my grandma and i will leave at six am to meet my aunt and cousins for a fourteen hour drive to montana. it was really good for me to slow down for a bit.

life off the road is far better than life on the road.

posted by julie @ 3:31 PM

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 hour drive? Owie.
Well, keep the batteries charged and your eyes open. There's bound to be some shots between there and there.
Can one say "have fun" to someone about to drive that long?
Enjoy your trip.

 
At 5/19/2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Jaime G said...

I love road trips. Oh... Have so much fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary