4.24.2006

369 days later.

i missed it. it didn't even occur to me that it was coming up. i remember thinking about it back in february, but this year is flying by and april crept up on me. well, it's almost crept by me. but cindy's post about her big day reminded me.

friday was my one year anniversary.

i remember creating my blog. i was nervous. i had to have a few posts written before i even told anyone i had one. i wanted to feel settled before people came over to visit. mandie was my first reader;
julia and jan soon followed. being admitted into jan's blogworld is like being asked to hang with the popular kids. soon, people i didn't know were commenting on my life. and i liked it. i loved being able to write without walls. it was easier to open up my dark corners to these strangers than to the people i had known for years. but then, these people i didn't know became a part of my everyday world. i looked forward to checking blogs like sleeping with bread each morning. and then, i met some of them. we introduced ourselves by our blog name. are you wandering sails? i'm the gathering room. after meeting jaime, i started reading her blog more because i really liked who she was. standing in the kitchen at jan's with her and tonya was my first introduction to community at open door outside of people i worked with. and i have loved making far away blog friends like cindy, patrick and steven.

before i knew it, i was in the groove. blogging was something i did. making time for it was almost a priority. there were definitely times when the posts are sparse, and times when i was close to prolific, but it all seems to even out. it's been a great way to keep in touch with people, like
matt and diane (who i didn't really know before, but now am waiting for her return) and for reconnecting with old friends, like kim.

i have enjoyed being a blogger. it seems like yesterday and years ago that i started and i am looking forward to the next year.


and in true copycat form (since cindy had the idea first), let me throw a few of my favorite posts and big moments your way again.

fish, dizzy g., 2, maple grove (the fish i never knew)
how to sell cherries. (a classic harvey experience)
baby sam. (the beginning of an era)
l'amour qui n'était jamais. (the end of a differnt era)
accidental grass trimmage. (one of those things you shouldn't do in a skirt)
changing homes. (perhaps we should ressurect this, erin...)
my arkansas bathroom experience. (there are no words...)

and when you're done, i highly recommend reading between the posts. happy anniversary to me!

posted by julie @ 8:53 AM

6 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Congratulations! I'm a real baby of blogging compared to you.
You write with an honesty and charm that is very compelling. I look forward to the next year, or however long you keep this up.

 
At 4/24/2006 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,

Happy Belated Anniversary to you!

I'm glad my post provided a bit of inspiration because I sincerely enjoyed reading yours!

I also spent waayyy too much time reading all your friends' blogs. Now I'm going to have to sacrifice another hour of sleep so I can keep up with all of their sites....

It's been totally fun getting to, like, virtually know you and whatever.

Blog On!

Peace,
Cindy.

 
At 4/25/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

A resurrection is definitely tempting, but it just wouldn't be the same. We better leave it alone and quit while we're ahead. :)

 
At 4/26/2006 2:57 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

. . . those are my favorites too! *smile* Happy Anniversary!

 
At 4/27/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger Jaime G said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that time at Jan's. It was so amazing/weird to be brought into blogland through Jan. I didn't know you had a similar experience... see you Tuesday!

 
At 5/04/2006 5:32 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Happy anniversary blog mate! I really enjoy you!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary