5.23.2006

montana.

i am back. i am tired. i am glad i went.

it was good to go back to montana. it's been too long. there were pieces of the landscape i recognized and some that i missed.

i have stories. and i'll tell them, but not all at once. for now, let me just
leave you with the reason for my journey westward.

this is lucille. she turned one hundred on april 9th.

she's lived a life worth repeating. this is a woman who can do anything. this earth will both grieve her loss and rejoice her soul when she leaves us.

it is a better world because she lives in it.

and we had ourselves one fine party.



posted by julie @ 11:39 AM

1 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Great portrait!
Lucille looks to be worth the trip.
I'm very glad I made the trip to see my Grandmother on her 100th...all the more so because we lost her a few months afterwards.

Welcome back.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary