8.17.2006

the julie.

in general, i'm a planner. i like to know what's going to happen and i like to know it enough in advance to be prepared for it. take this weekend, for instance.

saturday morning, i will run this 10K. then, i've invited everybody over to my house afterwards for brunch. my mom is making the egg bake and cinnamon rolls, i am providing the fruit and drinks. my mom will assemble the egg bake at my house and put it in the oven just in time to make it to the race, after which, it will be done to perfection in perfect time. this week, i've been working on my list of things to do around the house. aside from my basic cleaning, the lawn needed to be mowed and the porch floor needs to be painted. i also need to have my dad bring over a picnic table to ensure that i have enough seating for everyone. and i need to keep my ankle on ice above my heart to help along the healing process so that i can actually run on saturday.

but the other half of the cocktail is a little different. it's the half that gives my life the kick. tuesday morning, i decided i was going to paint the porch floor since the weather would be good for it. i already had the paint, so all i had to do was go home, eat supper and paint it.

but i found myself way out of the way at home depot buying paint. and not porch paint.

at some point in my drive, i must have thought about spending more time laying on the couch, icing my ankle, in the livingroom with the paint that i hated. i really didn't like that paint. and in a decision that almost warrants a gold star, i picked out a color that i hadn't chosen a month before and left it's paint chip hang in the room so i could decide if i really like it at all times during the day. it was really scary.

and so, i found myself priming my walls on tuesday night with only one of the two cans of tinted, non-returnable primer the girl sold me and last night saw me painting my walls with only one of the two cans of non-returnable paint. and tonight will find me painting the front porch (barring rain, which is a serious possibility) and putting my livingroom back together.

and all of this because my personality can't decide if it wants to be anal or spontaneous. it's a bad cocktail of traits, it is. and so is my need for perfection and being unorganized. it's enough to make a person go nuts.

which would not taste good in a cocktail.

posted by julie @ 8:11 AM

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Jaime G said...

no, but a dish of nuts is great with a cocktail!!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary