7.11.2006

big news.

those of you who have been around for a while know that i'm not a runner. i've tried. and while it is possible for me to do, albeit slowly, it's definitely not one of my strengths.

so why on earth would i decide to run in a race? i have no idea. the only thing that's appealing about it is the free t-shirt that says i'm a runner. but for whatever reason, i'm training for a 10K in august. my friend jen, of marathon fame was kind enough to write up a training schedule, so i feel fully prepared. except i have to buy a watch, since i have to run for specific amounts of time. and i might need new shoes. i don't know if mine qualify as running shoes. and i might need some better running clothes. but then i'm prepared.

i'm running with my friend, lori (of st. louis fame), who's a bit nervous. she was concerned about being the last person to finish, so i told her that if we were the last two, i'd let her cross the finish line first. (aaahhhh) oh, stop it. i figure that i'm not going to win it, so i have no concerns about where i'm going to place. i just want to finish. preferably before they start pulling the cones.

posted by julie @ 4:04 PM

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Free T-shirt that says "I'm a runner"? . . . I love it . . . I'm making up some T-shirt slogans to motivate myself as I am typing this . . . but, that's another blog . . . meanwhile . . . you go girl!!!

 
At 7/11/2006 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!
That's stretching, in more ways than one.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary