8.28.2006

the sound of mud up my nose.

it's moments like this that make me glad i don't work weekends.

the osseo school district has converged upon us and the sound is deafening. i cannot imagine trying to do what i do on the weekends during services. crazy.

but it benefits you. since i can't concentrate on my work, i am forced to blog.

saturday morning, my youngest brother, ben, met me at my house to go biking. we rode over to ney park to ride the route lori and i ran in the race. since i knew the route, he wanted me to lead, which was fine. the morning was foggy, the trails muddy. really muddy. we went up, we went down, we went up. a lot.

on the descent of one hill, ben coasted past me, which was fine. until he spit up a chunk of mud that amazingly made it's way into my nose. not just on my nose, or near my nose and some of it found it's way inside. no. just one solid chunk up my nostril. yes, he has been known for his aim, but seriously. that was ridiculous. the size and force of it was enough for my head to fly back and cry out.

lucky for me, i'm a planner. when i got to the top of the next hill, i stopped, reached into my pocket and pulled out a kleenex.

lucky for me.

posted by julie @ 9:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary