8.22.2006

the race.


25 8 W20 Julie Steiskal, 28* 1:20:15 12:55

so there it is. that's how i did. i ended up walking a lot. more than i probably needed to. and that's why i'll likely let my ankle heal, finish training and run another 10K before winter. and i think i'll find a flatter course. i couldn't believe how incredibly steep-hilled this route was. there was one hill, in fact, that was actually pretty impossible to run up. it was more of a climb. that, the holes in the ground from the horses, and the mud were enough to make a person never run again. and if i hadn't done so badly, i likely wouldn't have. but i will. if not this fall, next summer. i'm determined to have a better ending than this. it's that crazy competitive piece of me that drives me bonkers.

let me leave you with the bit of fortune i received with my lunch.

you will see the great pyramids in egypt.

isn't that great?

posted by julie @ 1:22 PM

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2006 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what is good or bad for one of these things...I think finishing is good.
Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary