1.05.2007

oh, sweet sam.

my nephew loves the phone. if it rings, he runs to it. and if it's not ringing, he wants to be playing with it. and he loves to talk on it. the only problem is that he doesn't have a lot of words yet. and most of them sound like yah. which sounds the closest to yeah, which, of course, translates to yes. in my questioning, i try to accommodate, but sometimes i forget. it's hard to keep coming up with yes questions for a lad his size.

so when he called me this morning at work (or rather, my mom called and handed him the phone), our conversation went something like this:

hey, sam!
hi.

how are you?
yah.
are you playing with grandma?
yah.
what are you playing with?
yah.
oh. are you playing with trucks?
yah.
are you feeling better? (he's been out for the count with pneumonia... all together now... ahhh.)
yah.
well, that's good.
yah.

and on and on, until grandma tells him to say good-bye. which he refuses by not saying anything at all. i say, bye-bye, sam. he says nothing. perhaps if i make no noise, they'll forget i'm still on the phone. a minute later, i am able to coax a bye out of him and he's off and running.

i like it when he calls.

posted by julie @ 3:22 PM

2 Comments:

At 1/07/2007 8:20 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

I HATE talking on the phone. really really REALLY hate it. maybe I can hire him to do all my talking on the phone for me. I think I would rather have a cavity than talk on the phone.

 
At 1/08/2007 4:34 PM, Blogger Jaime G said...

You are a good aunt. :)

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary