10.28.2005

the case of the infected appendix & other stories.

the infected appendix.
plans were thwarted last night when my friend kathy called to let me know she was following the ambulance carrying her husband, joel. we called off our movie night and after work, i went to let the dogs out, had dinner with my mom and went back to their house to hang with the dogs and wait to hear from her. joel's appendix was ill. i know how that it is. my appendix died, too. it went out with a bang, to be specific. no fun. absolutely no fun. so i was hurting for him last night. but, just as i kept telling myself two years ago, he will never have to do this again. kathy opted to stay at her sister's instead of driving all the way home, so it was just the dogs & i for the night. i don't know what their problem was, but i was awake at least once every hour. bosco sometimes thinks he hears something he ought to be growling at. so he did that. a lot. somewhere around three, hershey started whining and when i went to see what was going on, she made it clear she wanted out. amazingly, i am not so tired. how that is possible, i don't know.

other stories.
i have some issues with drivers who think they always have a green light to turn right. when i am driving perpendicular to where they are coming from, and i have a green light, that means that you cannot possibly have a green light as well. and just because they give you a special turning lane does not mean that i have to hit my breaks so that you can merge in front of me. you had a red light. you are supposed to yield to me. not i to you. why is this concept so hard to get?

i saw gas for $2.19 at two different gas stations on my way to work this morning. i thought that was nice.

posted by julie @ 10:07 AM

1 Comments:

At 10/28/2005 5:14 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I filled up for $2.19 earlier this week and I, too, thought it was nice. Then I realized how sad it is that I think $2.19 a gallon for gasoline is "nice." :)

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary