10.19.2005

man or mouse?

when i went to bed on sunday night, i had no idea what the hours of darkness would bring. i was pretty tired, so i went early and slept hard. at some point in the night my eyes opened really wide. my brain, though still half asleep, was racing. i heard this pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. oh, my word, what is that??? oh, it's that mouse. (i discovered that i have a mouse for the first time, but haven't been able to find the mousetraps and keep forgetting to buy them...) it's caught in the bubble wrap. (i have this bubble wrap in my kitchen, origin unknown, that i had just moved to a different spot so it was out of the way...) wait, why would it be caught? it's not sticky? oh, it's someone. someone's popping the bubble wrap to wake me up before they attack me. then, a FLASH! oh, my word, the mouse is eating the electrical wires. it's going to start my house on fire and I DON'T HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER. what am i going to do? i reached for the super bar that happened to be under my bed (for reasons i won't expound upon) and slowly crept toward the door. i reached my arm around the wall and flicked the light on in the next room. it's coming from the vent... i cautiously walked over to the vent on the far wall and peered into it, half expecting flames to come shooting up at my face. oh, my word, it's coming from the window. someone's at my window. i step over to the window, my heart pounding. i throw back the curtain, ready to attack.

it's raining? it's the rain? oh, good heavens.

i drag my feet back to bed, i shut the light off and crawl into the warmth of my bed. it wasn't supposed to rain. sure doesn't sound like rain.

i need a roommate. or a husband. someone else to get up out of bed and check these things out.

posted by julie @ 4:20 PM

3 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 8:57 AM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I'm sure it wasn't funny in the moment, but thanks for sharing this!

 
At 10/20/2005 11:20 AM, Blogger gloria said...

"someone's popping the bubble wrap to wake me up before they attack me" - HA, that's great!! I love the way we get super crazy and paranoid in the night.
...and good luck with the mouse - yuck!

 
At 10/21/2005 12:10 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeek!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary