10.04.2005

waiting.

i realized that i gave information in my last post that wouldn't make sense without another, so i'm pulling a two-in-one day.

this past weekend was busy. very busy. people need to stop planning things at the same time. friday after work, i drove up to timber bay to do the fall fitness camp with my girls. the last thing i needed after two months of constant running was a fitness camp, but i was looking forward (as always) to hanging with them. i'll actually share more about camp later when i have pictures. saturday night, we watched a movie and afterwards, i left. this got me home at about 2 o'clock sunday morning. i slept a bit, got ready to go to church and talked to my mom. she told me that my brother, bobby, and his new wife, nicky, were at the hospital. saturday, nicky lost about 90% of her amniotic fluid. she's at 14 weeks. the baby is still alive, but waning. as my brother put it, they're just in this very weird, hard place of waiting for their baby to die. there isn't anything they can do. it's too early for the baby to survive, so they don't want to induce. but the baby is still alive. the baby is still kicking and moving. she can feel it. there is still a heartbeat. he or she is living in less than ten percent of amniotic fluid. today, they sent them home. nothing's happening. they're just waiting. how do you move on? something needs to happen to do that. i haven't known what to pray for. there are so many factors in this situation. but i ask you now to pray with me for something to happen. for all three of them to find the peace they are needing.

just wanted to put this out there. there's no such thing as too much prayer.

posted by julie @ 3:42 PM

3 Comments:

At 10/04/2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Oh God . . . Oh God . . . Oh God . . .

 
At 10/05/2005 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blog for two days and then deleted it. I didn't want to be a waste of cyberspace and other people's time.

But now I wish I had kept it because I have learned that not all blogs are a waste.

I just spent the last hour++ (those pluses are for my sake, not yours, because I'd rather think I spent one instead of the actual 2 when I should have been in bed hours ago) reading your blog. All of it. I know I don't know you but I often compliment strangers and will stop at no less tonight:
you are beautiful. The words you write -- I wish I wrote them. The thoughts you think -- I think those. The life you lead -- is not boring or worth no one's notice.

Thanks for sharing.

Mandy (who found this through opensourcephoto because I, too, love the beauty of photography)

 
At 10/05/2005 9:31 AM, Blogger julie said...

i tried to find you on opensource this morning, mandy, but i couldn't. i hope you read this. your words touched my heart. i have often wondered whether or not someone would read it all if they happened upon my blog. thank you for reading it all. and thank you for liking it.

write your words, mandy. write even the ones that seem unimportant. write your heart. it's worth reading. and let me know when you do, i want to read it.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary