11.03.2005

more treats than trick.

i have never been able to pass out candy on halloween. ever. i have always been away from home. but this year, i made a point to be home. i got home and turned the porch light on right away while i went to get some things done. i didn't get much done at all. turns out this candy passing out is a busy deal. i had my light on for 2 hours and 15minutes and saw 74 trick-or-treaters. every time i went to do something else, a timid little knock would come on my door. around seven, i was really hungry, so i threw in a pizza and had to stand at the stove and scarf it piece by piece in between knocks. crazy! if i do this next year, i'm getting a second. it's hard to do it all by yourself.

being the dork that i am, i have a few numbers for you regarding monday night (as soon as my porch light went off, i ran to the living room to figure these out, but i kept forgetting to bring the sheet in...)

74-number of trick-or-treaters.
257-number of individual candies in my bowl.
75-number of individual candies in my bowl at the end of the night.
14-number of bags of candy purchased.
3-number of bags not opened.
100-number of dumdums in a bag (most bang for your buck!)
71-percent of candy from big blue bowl given away.
2.46-pieces of candy per becostumed child.
6-number of candles lining my front walk.
4-number of rolls they used to tp my neighbors yard.

posted by julie @ 8:52 AM

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2005 12:22 AM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

You make me laugh!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary