1.17.2006

where i've been.

i'm so sorry that i've been absent for a whole six days. that's almost a week, i know. don't cry, it'll be fine. i'm writing now. oh, they're happy tears? cry on then.

what have i been doing that could justify neglecting you for so long? well, last week was a week of late nights and sore throats. i had the pleasure of spending time with my dear friend kristin, which was long-awaited and worth every minute of lost sleep. i went to see walk the line with bekah, which was a fantastic movie. saturday, i spent the day scrapbooking with kristi. we were quite a pair, the two of us, she with strep and i with my wretched sore throat. the cough drops were flowing and the progress, though slow, was made. i awoke sunday on the upside of sick, but kristi was still quite sick when we met up for lunch at her parents' house to celebrate her and joe's birthday. good times were had all weekend, despite the abundance of germs.

let's see, what else? i've been anxiously awaiting my new camera, which i'm praying comes before i leave on friday for louisiana. oh, yeah, i'm going to new orleans with my parents' church on a mission trip. that's something you could pray for (on top of helping me pray for my camera...). i go down with no other expectation than that it will be nothing like what i would have expected, no matter what i expected.


i'm also all vaccinated now, in case you were wondering. bring on the rusty nails, the tetanus has been engaged. i'm not any different, except my arm hurts like a bugger and i have a small round band-aid on my shoulder because, folks, i'm a bleeder. i had no idea, but i am. and, i also have remarkably low blood pressure for someone from my family. yeah me! the things you find out from your doctor...

posted by julie @ 8:10 AM

3 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Seems you've been busy changing the face of your blog as well . . . I love it . . . verrry mysterious . . .

Be well . . . God be by you!

 
At 1/18/2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

This is beautiful!

You must be a bleeder because you have great veins. :)

 
At 1/19/2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I made it down to New Orleans last February for my Grandmother's 100th birthday.
She made it out after the storm hit, but she never regained her mobility or recoverd fully from the trama of the move and 2 days spent in a bus. She died 3 weeks ago, a delayed victim of Katrina.
Be careful in N.O. It's never been a particularly safe place, but it's always been a place that called me.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary