1.10.2006

eat yo cookie!


so, this was my fortune yesterday at the good chinese buffet. i concluded that the reason i was hesitating was because i have no idea who it's blooming with. joel said that even if i did, i'd still hesitate.


the last fortune cookie i ate had these words of wisdom inside: oops... wrong cookie! i'm not so sure about that one. one time, my dad got a cookie and it was empty. my mom said she wasn't going to ride home with him.

another time, i went to leann chin, grabbed a cookie and there were two inside! it was around the time that the wrs blog was started, so julia told me one of them must be for my rock star husband. my fortune that time was 'good news from afar will bring you a welcome visitor.' and my yet to be named famous husband got this one... your body is for use; not abuse. that got me worried. but, since he's not real, i figure it doesn't matter.

there are two fortunes i have saved. the first, follow the dream that keeps coming back, is framed in my scrap room. the other, your lover will never wish to leave, i save for when i actually have one.

and there is one fortune which i remember well. your next car will be better than a porsche. my next car was my current car... a 1989 camry. i like it. cheaper than a porsche, but i don't know how many people would say she was better than a porsche. because the people that would care about rating cars would not likely be interested in sophie's finer qualities. you know, like the static almost constantly present on the radio due to her lack of an antenna.

posted by julie @ 1:38 PM

1 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

A recent fortune cookie I had said "I bet you think you could write better fortune cookies." Of course, it was right on.
Here, buy something nice for Sophie.
http://www.autoguide.net/apf/toyota-engine_parts/camry-catalog.html

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary