12.19.2005

mismatch.

i slept terribly this morning and i very much did not want my feet to find the floor. ever. eventually, they did and my face, looking a little off, soon met the mirror. once dressed, i ran out to the garage to warm up sophia and ran back inside to put lunch together. did i ever mention that she had a name? she does. it's sophia gray. one of my tb girls named her last winter and though i don't use it regularly, it's still there. anyway, when i went back in, i slipped my shoes off and finished getting ready. the light for my kitchen is not near the back door, it is on the other side of the room, so i shut it off and walked in the dark to the other side, having put my left shoe in my sights so i would know where to put my foot. mission accomplished. turn and put your foot in the shoe right next door. mission accomplished. it was a fairly quick ride to work, seeing very little traffic. on my way in, i notice pam also making her way to warmth, all the while kicking my shoes because they seem to be wearing funny. i looked down and after a second or two exclaimed, 'look, pam, i have two different shoes on!'

it's true. come and see.

posted by julie @ 10:17 AM

5 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Still feels very strange this...reading someone's personal life. I mean, I know you write it to be read...but still.
So mostly I lurk and read, because you don't know me and what relevance can my thoughts have? But then I feel bad for lurking....
I guess I was born to early to feel completely comfortable in this world.

 
At 12/20/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

You crack me up. It's been nice catching up with you! I especially enjoyed the tire story. I hate car stuff. Feels like you're flushing money doen the toilet...

 
At 12/20/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger julie said...

i do write to be read. it's my way of tearing down a little bit of the walls i build around me. i'm okay with lurking, but comments are always welcome, whether profound or small. have you read my blog? i write of the food i eat and things i struggle with spiritually. it all works.

and erin, glad it's been nice!

 
At 12/21/2005 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie.

You and my husband are kindred spirits! He's done the mismatched shoe thing, the sock thing, the suit jacket that doesn't match the suit pants thing...and it's incredibly endearing.

Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Peace,
Cindy.

 
At 12/22/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger julie said...

thanks for the comment, onyx.

and cindy... merry christmas to you, too, my dear blogging friend.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary