12.27.2005

drunken toddlers.

so, this past weekend was christmas. we all know that, but what you don't know is how my christmas was. it was a lot of the same old, but much like thanksgiving, it is a good same old. a few things of note:

*i called my cousin jenny christmas eve morning to send greetings her way. i asked her what they were doing today and tomorrow and she says, oh, not much, just hanging out. i'm just excited that i finally have presents under the tree...

*jenny shows up on christmas day. WHAT?!?! turkey. when i talked to her and she led me to believe she was in rapid city, she was really in isanti hanging out at her parents! but what a great surprise it was!

*christmas eve afternoon, my brother bobby was passing out gifts at my parents when he suddenly laughed and said, 'i was looking at this and thinking, who's nikki?' to which his wife, nicky, gave a rather dirty look. turns out the mispelling confused him. poor guy.

*there were no wontons to be seen when i arrived on christmas eve. i did my best to hide my disappointment until kristi said, where're the wontons? and joe says, 'kristi said she was going to go home if there were no wontons.' we had wontons. mostly because there were two more people willing to help my mom make them. and somehow, i ended up the only person left upstairs finishing them. but who cares... they were good.

*the ham gravy was excellent, as usual. and my table of four made it through about twelve biscuits. i had one.

*my little cousin
nicholas informed me that he was going to marry me when he was old enough.

*i went sledding on christmas night with my brother, ben, his girlfriend, my uncle darryl and cousin tony. note to all: if attempting a train of sleds, do not position yourself anywhere near cousin tony, as he tends to be a roller.

*oh, yeah, and on christmas eve, my cousin kyra, being two years of age, partook of the egg nog rum while in search of an answer to her parched self. it didn't satisfy. later, we kept a close watch on her as she hung onto the stair railings and swayed. we were waiting for her to start a drunken toddler rendition of deck the halls.


and however your christmas met you, i pray it was merry and bright, with great reminders of why we celebrate each december. may this next year bring you infinite reasons to love your family and your neighbor. and may it be a year in which each day is a reminder of God's amazing love.

posted by julie @ 9:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary