2.24.2006

computering.

i've started this new word thing. i'm not really sure what it stems from and i have no idea when i started. i've been turning nouns into verbs. i know. crazy. precisely what i was thinking.

for instance, i say things like, 'the three of us should go see a movie. i've never movied with you before, jan.' or, on a daily basis i ask someone, 'are you lunching?' there are thousands of possibilities with this new horridness of grammar... things like 'i couched last night, did you?' or 'let's coffee tomorrow.' (something i would never say because coffee stinks and i try really hard not to consume things that stink.) or even things like, 'i tv'd hard last night during american idol.' (which i happened to have done.)

and i did it again. i said to ted just now, "when lori and i are in st. louis for our conference in june, we're going to stay a little extra so we can do a little six flaggin'."

oh, what am i coming to? the english major in me seems to be fading... (perhaps because i was only an english major for eight weeks...)

posted by julie @ 2:43 PM

4 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so funny.
I look forward to reading your posts.
Sometimes I check them a few times a day, JUST IN CASE you write two! That would be cool!
I did notice in your last post you said you "churched".
I wondered if big churches now use this term. Turns out NO...just Julie.
I kinda like it!

 
At 2/25/2006 11:07 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

I can definitely forgive this...
but there is no WAY I can handle all the minnesotans that put with at the end of a sentance, or use it in general by itself.
"Oh, are you coming with?"
"Hey! Bring it with!"
"She might come with to the mall."
This is DEFINITELY not okay.

 
At 2/28/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger julie said...

thanks, kristin! it's rare, but it has happened...

unfortunately, kim, i am often guilty. i hope we can still be friends!

and yes! diane, i totally agree... not enough words. not the right words. we should be friends. i'm not aware of a good place we could lunch that's halfway between here and slovakia, though... perhaps we'll have to wait!

 
At 2/28/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger gloria said...

I adore "this new horridness of grammar"!
I too noticed that you "churched" the post before.
I am going to laundry hard today... but I would rather be out lunching with you and Diane.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary