3.21.2006

the in between.

i love this time of year.

when it's not quite spring yet, but not really winter anymore... you know, that inbetween season.

this morning, on my way to the garage, i was cracking the ice. see, my driveway needs to be regravelled. so, as the snow is melting, it's creating a bit of a muddy mess in the driveway. i have some rather deep ruts in certain areas, which fill with water during the warmer day and freeze in the colder night. you must remember what this creates. the super thin ice with air underneath? remember? i remember racing around the driveway with my brothers, trying to find the really big pockets of the 'glass' so you could jump and jump and jump.

so on my way to the garage this morning, i went from rut to rut, looking for ice to crack.

and yesterday, as i was driving out to my parents house, i was really grateful that the sun is setting so much later. i love the drive out to my parents house, but throughout the winter, i rarely make the drive in the daylight. but last night, i got to see the early sunset over the hills and trees and lakes. oh, it was beautiful.

posted by julie @ 9:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary