4.19.2006

audience of one.

i'm a car singer. i'm a shower singer, too, but we won't get into that. in my car, i sing along to my radio. but only when it's me. i'm certain that not infrequently, i have been passed by someone who says to the other occupants of the car, 'look at that girl!' because in my car, by myself, i am a superstar. sort of.

this morning on my way to work, i was sitting at a stoplight and i saw one of my own. he was behind me in a white thunderbird. he had this great sort of scraggly mustache and he was singing along to the radio. i smiled and then i did a double take.

what?

wait.

is he singing the same song that i am?

i had to watch him for a while to be sure, but we had the same radio station on and it was so fun. i have never had that happen. it was like we were singing a duet. the two of us. the car stars.

posted by julie @ 11:15 AM

4 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger gloria said...

car stars! I love that! Once I saw a guy in a red convertible singing his heart out. clearly not the shy type. He's been an icon of freedom for me ever since.

 
At 4/19/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I am also a car singer, and I have to admit that I've always wanted to sing a duet with the car next to me. Sometimes if someone next to me is singing, I'll scan my radio stations looking for whatever he is listening to. I've never made it work. I'm trying to hard. :)
Love the new picture!

 
At 4/20/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guilt of this in a big way.
Little chance of my syncing up with another driver though...unless they have Elvis Costello in the CD player too.

 
At 4/20/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger julie said...

this morning, i saw a girl singing in her car behind me and i tried to find the station she was listening to, but i couldn't. it just wasn't meant to be.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary