4.03.2006

redemption of a day.

okay.

i came in this morning with a whole whiny post just waiting to be typed up. i spent my whole commute composing it and let me tell you-it was good. whiny, but sure to be funny.

instead,

let me say this:

i was cranky. for many varied reasons, i was not in a pleasant place this morning/latter half of the weekend.

but just now, this beautiful little girl came peering around the corner, picking up speed as she saw me and gave me one glorious hug after another.

oh, sweet maggie mae, i needed you this morning.

posted by julie @ 10:39 AM

2 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

On one very bad day, driving home from work, I was cut off by an inconsiderate driver. I cussed a blue streak and just went darker and darker inside.
Waiting at the next stop light, a car turned left in front of me. In the passenger seat was a red-headed, gap-toothed little girl. As she went past, we made eye contact, and she gave me a huge smile. All of the weight of the day fell away, the anger, the darkness, gone....
There are few things more powerful than the smile of an innocent.

 
At 4/04/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

. . . sweet maggie mae . . . we all need you . . .

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary