6.01.2006

wet plants.

after work yesterday, i picked up vegetables for the new garden before going home, eating and falling on the couch. i realized, at about 8:45 that it had been a few days since any of my plants had been watered (it's key here to remember that maple lake gets gypped every time the rain passes through minnesota), so i put the flip flops back on and hooked the hose up. i spent about 45 minutes watering plants, getting my feet, hands and skirt dirty in the process. i know, it makes no sense to get so dirty when you're just watering, but it happens. especially when you can't help but weed at the same time. i looped the hose up, went back inside and went to bed, glad i had taken the time to water.

folks, it poured last night.

posted by julie @ 12:30 PM

7 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

You know of course that you made it rain. It never would have without your efforts.

 
At 6/01/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger julie said...

i know! last week, i had some herbs to plant. it was supposed to rain. i didn't want them to get rained on again without getting planted (they were in the pots that biodegrade and they had been in there a while). i knew that if i planted them, it wouldn't rain. but i wanted it to rain. and i knew it would rain if i didn't plant them. i really had to do some hard decision-making. i planted them. and it didn't rain.

 
At 6/06/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I did the EXACT same thing yesterday....

 
At 6/09/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Ok Julie...too long between posts. Get hot!
:-)

 
At 6/10/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Joel Settecase said...

Hey, I like the weblog. I will definitely be stopping back here again. You know, if you stop by mine and leave me a comment, I will have a link to yours whenever I want it. Anyway, check mine out if you get bored or something; you might actually like it.

 
At 6/12/2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Settecase (Joel) must have followed the link from my blog, Julie. He's a cool kid. You should check out his writing.

Anyway, that always happens to me, too. But it's with washing my car.

You must be having a busy week...looking forward to the next update :0)

 
At 6/19/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger gloria said...

I too cannot resist a weed. 'specially when I'm just standing there watering. Even now as I type there soil on my hand because I couldn't resist pulling some weeds when I went out to call the kids in. Why didn't I wash my hands? I brushed them off on my pants. Wasn't that good enough?

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary