9.29.2006

bad picture friday.

hmm. last weekend, i went to my 10 year class reunion. i hate this kind of thing. the crowds. having to talk to people i don't really know. the loud music. the late night. i'm pretty sure i could have had a heck of a lot of fun if i'd just stayed home.

don't get me wrong... it was nice to see some people, but these things are really hard for me. too much outside my comfort zone. in a crowd without a purpose. it's akin to a living hell.

here, you see me having just been talking to my old friend bronwyn. and being as anxious as i was pretty much the entire night, i seem to be checking the hardness of my fingernails with my teeth. i wasn't chewing... that, my friends, is disgusting. most likely i was tapping my teeth with my nails. nervous tick, you know?

so anyway, welcome to friday.

posted by julie @ 8:20 AM

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Just wait till your 30th is around the corner. It's still the same old akward stuff. Except that more people are dead and you're old.
Enjoy what you have.

 
At 9/30/2006 10:04 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

I'm sure that I will go to mine in a few years, but in all honesty I have no desire to see any of those people. That pretty much really does sound like hell. Occasionally I will see someone from my high school somewhere, and I will at ALL COSTS avoid making eye contact or having to talk to them. Ugh! THAT is a big reason it would have been nice to move up north.
Although, one time in Owatonna I stopped at Cabela's to get something for my brothers, and I ran into someone from camp who is infinitely creepy and it was terrible! I'm sure you know who I'm talking about if I tell you his initials were jv.
I wish I could have avoided that.
I'm sure I have more to say on this topic, but let's just end it there.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary