9.20.2006

i am not a tiger.

so monday, i golfed for the first time. real golf. not the mini kind. our staff gets a free day at the elm creek, so this year, i decided to go. i felt like not working for a change. the day was cold. it was raining. there was a bit of wind. i wore my new scarf and mittens. less than half the people signed up showed. and i had an awesome time. i'm glad it wasn't sunny. i'm glad no one came. i'm glad those who did come came. i'm glad it was free. i'm glad i had my mittens.


i'm wouldn't say i'm an up and coming golfer, but i did have a high point. it didn't last long, but i wailed on the ball a few times. that was super fun. after the high point, i explored a few low points, just to even things out. i swung at one ball at least five times, completely missing the dumb thing. and i promise they weren't practice swings. because i didn't ever really get the point of the practice swings. or of watching of the imaginary ball you just pretended to hit. they say it's visual, but i envisioned my ball doing a lot better than it actually did.

all in all, excellent good time.

posted by julie @ 8:44 AM

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! I miss golf. I haven't golfed in 5 years - I even own a set of clubs...somewhere.

I miss wearing mittens. I haven't worn mittens in 17 years. I don't even own a pair of mittens.

:)

Peace,
Cindy.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary