10.02.2006

life as i knew it.

when i was young, when the days were long and the garden had time to grow, my mother hung the sheets on the line to dry. and as the scent of soap and summer breeze mingled together, i would walk underneath them, running my hand along the cool dampness of the drying sheet, taking myself away from the world outside, with its troubles and worries. hours were spent underneath the sheets, reading books and taking naps, listening to the birds sing and the wind play with the leaves. the grass was cool beneath my legs, the sun filtered on my face.

heaven was found there.

and in my days now, when i'm too busy to see the flowers bloom and my mother no longer hangs the sheets out to dry, if i find the time, i miss the simplicity of my childhood.

posted by julie @ 1:38 PM

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger gloria said...

I'm with you. Can we take a walk out to the pasture? That was my favorite. ...and I WILL have a clothesline someday!

 
At 10/13/2006 1:43 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

This is beautiful, Julie. Thanks for taking me into that moment...

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary