10.19.2006

to the left.

i've got this car, she's pretty old. you know that. things fall apart on old cars. things get rusty, they wear out.

i've needed a front end alignment for some time now. like two years. i just have never gotten around to it. i've been going through tires like they're free, but no time to get an alignment. until yesterday. i made myself call the place near work, found someone to follow me there to bring me back to work and went. i asked for the alignment and two new front tires.

i got a call mid-afternoon.

ma'am, there are two issues we've discovered.

one apparently is critical and must be dealt with as soon as possible. the other was labeled as 'really important' and also cost three times the amount of the critical issue. for those who know cars, the critial was a tie rod and the really important was a bearing. since i know a few people who know cars, i opted out of the bearing fix and gave them permission to fix the tie rod.

dear julia dropped me off after work to pick it up, i paid for it and went on my way.

huh. it still seems to be veering. a lot. since i admittedly do not choose to remember things about cars, i called my dad, thinking that maybe i don't really know what an alignment does. he verified that no, it should not be veering and so i drove back. back to the place i did not have time to go back to.

and when i told the guy behind the counter, he didn't even seem surprised. just asked me when i wanted to get it fixed.

when do i want to get it fixed? yeah. that was today. when i made the appointment.

my brain had lots of things to say rather tersely but i told him tuesday. sigh.

posted by julie @ 8:29 AM

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uggg...I feel for you there! I just spent $500 on my car. I always feel they're going to take advantage of me because I'm female. ++

 
At 10/19/2006 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Cars are a pain, and a necessary evil!++

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary