1.10.2007

greasy hair & dial tones.

in the groggy early morning hours of today, i stood in front of my mirror. my body was tired, my mind ran over the conversations and happenings of tuesday. (i still can't believe my phone was off the hook for an entire week. dumb.) i thought about what i might wear today, wishing i had done laundry last night until i realized i still had one pair of clean jeans. it's so much easier when i can wear skirts... i have so many and they don't have to get washed as frequently, but there's something about wearing a skirt to the chiropractor that doesn't bode well. i brushed my teeth, i cleaned my ears. i looked at the list of things to do on my mirror and thought about how terrible it was that the list hadn't changed in over a week. and then i picked up my hairbrush.

huh. my hair looks kind of greasy. was i supposed to shower last night? shoot, when was the last time i showered? oh, man, i was supposed to shower last night. do i have time? can i make it without? maybe if i pull my hair back and put it in a tight bun. no, that still looks bad. oh, man. the chiro should not have to put his hands on this head. maybe i can just wash my hair in the sink. yeah, i could, but that's more of a hassle than it's worth when your hair gets stuck in the drain. i'm going to have to shower.

and that is how i happened to be late for work this morning.

posted by julie @ 2:56 PM

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2007 3:57 PM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

This is one of those times when you scare me..... :-)

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary