1.30.2007

i had no idea.

do you know how hard it is to pick out a toilet?

i didn't know. i had no idea how stressed out i would get about it. i wasn't aware there were so many things to consider. it seemed such a simple thing. just go to the store, put one in your cart and pay for it. i thought it would be so easy.

instead, i spent about an hour with my dad looking at them all. confused by terms like flapperless and what a different tank size mattered. two advertised being able to flush 150 feet of toilet paper without clogging. who uses that much toilet paper??? i couldn't remember whether i had a short toilet or a tall one. a few claimed they had some type of anti-bacterial coating, which honestly wouldn't matter because it wouldn't make me clean it less, and others used less water and had jets. seriously. what's this world coming to? it's a toilet, for pete's sake.

all i cared about was that it had a flat tank cover so the candles wouldn't tip.

at any rate, i didn't get one. my dad said, that's fine. you don't have to get one tonight. go home and think about it.

like it's some kind of major life decision you don't want to mess up. crazy.

posted by julie @ 6:24 PM

1 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 10:10 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

for two years I lived the basement of one of the dorms in a suite with a bathroom. our friends always hung out at our place because the boys dorm was smelly. so we went through toilet paper really fast. one time I announced "We are on Toilet Paper Conservation Effort. Four square limit." of course I was kidding. but I found out just recently that one of my friends took me seriously and kept with the four square limit for as long as we lived there.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary