2.13.2007

change.

do you ever just need change?

i like routine, i thrive on it, it comforts me. but sometimes, i need to shake things up. and because it's really scary and hard to make big changes, i try to find relief in little ones. i move my silverware tray to the right side of the drawer, instead of the left. i put raspberry-scented soap on the kitchen sink instead of vanilla. i move the blanket basket from one end of the couch to the other. i put the green sheets on the bed instead of the tan. i put up a new picture, i switch a few of the books around on my shelf, i wear a pair of shoes i haven't worn in a while. i listen to an old cd that's been buried in a pile instead of making any kind of major adjustment.

sometimes, it gnaws at me that bigger changes ought to happen. that i should make decisions that will change my life.

and sometimes, the little changes are enough. sometimes, having to reach a little farther to get a spoon makes all the difference in the world.

posted by julie @ 8:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary