2.21.2007

there comes a time.

are you waiting with baited breath? you should be.

the absence here in blogworld has been intentional. not because i'm trying to increase your anticipation, but because i've been really busy. with my new website. it's going to be good. at least it had better be. if it's not, all this time's been wasted and that's no way to live life.

this summer, i made some hefty decisions regarding my photography. i had been coasting along on my laurels for quite some time, so when i hit a bit of a drought this summer, i realized that i needed to figure some things out.

and this is what i know:

i have been given a gift and i need to use it. not only because it's been given to me, but because as a person, i am not whole when i walk away from it.

i want to use my gift to help people. foster kids and terminally ill children. there are outlets for me to do this, i just need the resources to make it happen.

in order to work with these organizations, i need to stop losing money with my photography. i need to make some money (crazy... who would have thought that this would ever be a resolution when making decisions about your business. dumb.)

i have limited time. i need to use it well. much better than i have been known to do. i need to get organized.

and above all else, i need to not prostitute my craft. i need to keep the passion and the joy in every aspect. and when it starts to wane, i need to figure out why and fix it. because when there is no more joy, it does nothing but drag me down and it shows. in my energy levels, my images, my life.

in and amongst these things i know, came the realization that i was going to have to cave and get a website. i had to get over the fear of what that meant and just get it done.

and six months later, it's finally happening.

i'll keep you posted.

posted by julie @ 4:18 PM

7 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Good for you.
Make it happen.
http://www.specialkidsphotography.com/

 
At 3/22/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Sunnee said...

Hi Julie! I just stopped by after reading the thread on OSP about your packaging. I was so impressed with it and wanted to encourage you to possibly look into marketing and selling it.

Seriously, I have been searching for what seems like forever to find something exactly like you make and I would, without hesitation, purchase your packaging.
There really isn't anything out there like it.

Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll be a success!

 
At 5/04/2007 8:53 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

ARE YOU ALIVE????????????

:)

 
At 5/04/2007 11:32 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Julie! I want to read more! I'm really curious about this packaging that sunnee is talking about, and I'm also curious about the website and what you did to make it. I think I'm close to taking the plunge into having a real site... but still chicken. Kind of like the first dip in a pool at the beginig of summer. It's hot, you know you want to jump in, but you stand at the edge of the ground... waiting... knowing it's going to be SO COLD, but you'll love it once you jump. KWIM?

 
At 5/07/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Mimo- JenK said...

Julie, I've tagged you with a meme at my site... http://mimosthinkingspot.blogspot.com/ Maybe it will get you to come out of hybernation.

 
At 5/15/2007 11:30 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Hi, Julie! Any updates to share?

 
At 5/17/2007 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you need to update your blog again!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary