2.25.2007

church.

i was tired. and the snow was coming down hard. i made the decision last night to not drive all the way in to church. i decided to church a little closer to home.

and so, i met this morning at an hour much earlier than usual, had a little breakfast, put on my snowpants, filled my water bottle, grabbed my favorite hat and headed out the front door with my snowshoes at my side. oh, glorious morning! the sun was not yet up, and the plows had not come through. with what appeared to be a few feet of snow, i was looking out at a vast wonderland, an oasis to this snowshoer who has been wandering the snowless desert for almost five years. emotion welled up. my God is good to me.

the treck to ney park took about an hour, but the exhausting journey was worth it. there is nothing like breaking new snow. i was surrounded by nothing more than trees, squirrels, birds and the sound of a silent morning. it took me two hours to wind my way around the shortest trail. i stopped often, i listened much. my eyes could not see enough.

my heart was full. it's been a long time since i've spent this much time with God.

posted by julie @ 2:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary