12.17.2005

a little bit of heaven.

today was christmas cookie saturday. i spent the whole day making cookies with my mom. at one point, i asked my mom if i could please have an teeny little break and she said no. i think it had something to do with the fact that at that moment, she couldn't take one and there were still so many cookies to be made...

on the way home, i was overcome by the beauty of the world around me... of the snow covered trees and hills. of thoughts of sledding and skating and snowshoeing. and i thought of this: i have heard people talk about their thoughts on heaven. and that they believe heaven will be all of the things we love most, only more and better. i don't know what heaven will be like. and that's okay. i know it will be good and that is enough for me. but if what they say is true, my heaven will always be the beginning of a season. any season, just the beginning. that will be my heaven.

posted by julie @ 9:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary