4.20.2006

unfortunate tissue incident.

last weekend, i washed my climbing pants. i had worn them kayaking the week before and gotten them pretty dirty. i know that sounds silly... playing on the water and getting dirty, but trust me... you go kayaking with amy strom and you get dirty. and your kayak gets really full of garbage.

so, anyway, i washed my pants. and what i had forgotten about has come back to haunt me every day this week. since it was still a little chilly, and there was still ice on the lake, i knew that i needed to pack the kleenex. so i did. right in the pocket on the side of my leg.

only i forgot to take them out. and then my washing machine shredded them. so now, every morning, i have to get up extra early to pick kleenex off of my clothes. and that's how i'm spending my mornings these days. i listen to my alarm clock for ten minutes, get up, get dressed, brush my teeth and pick the facial tissue off my shirt. it's great.

posted by julie @ 2:17 PM

4 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new pic. Great smile.

I go through the tissue thing a lot. Two little sniffly boys that never throw away a tissue.

 
At 4/21/2006 12:32 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

Love the new pic!

 
At 4/21/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger julie said...

yeah... i thought it was time for a new picture... the other one was two years old and everyone kept telling me it didn't look like me. i do have to say, though, it really has taken me two years to get a decent picture of myself! i need to teach my family a bit better. this one happens to have been taken at work for the staff directory.

 
At 4/22/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I have to say that kleenex is better than a red crayon. Just ask my mom....

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary