6.29.2006

a bit of the random.

well, my plan turned out to not be a solid one, as i didn't actually take a break yesterday. i simply forgot. i just kept working. briefly, somewhere in the middle of the afternoon, i thought about my resolution, but i guess i must have shrugged my shoulders and decided that june resolutions are worth about as much as new years ones. sorry. but here i am today, taking a break, ready to ramble.

this woman just called and when i said my obligatory 'church of the open door, how may i direct your call?' she seemed a bit taken aback. at a loss for words. when she found her words, she said, oh. you have such a nice voice. i laughed and said thanks, but she still seemed to have a hard time getting over her surprise. lovely lady.

i found my emmylou harris red dirt girl cd a few weeks ago. i'd oddly lent it to someone without the case. i'm still on the lookout for the jake armerding one, but i'm on the verge of just getting a new one.

speaking of jake, he emailed me a couple of weeks ago and apologized for slacking off on the email. his reason for doing so? 'something of a habit of taking off for Europe for a couple weeks.' oh. i rinse my dishes thoroughly after use, even if i'm going to wash them right away. i always put the toilet lid down before i flush. sometimes i chew on hangnails. and pen caps. i sing in the shower. traipsing off to europe? i didn't know i could have a habit like that. i like that one better than mine. anybody know where i can trade these things in?

my gardens are doing great, for the most part. i think the left side of my in-front-of-the-porch gardens has an esteem issue. it just doesn't do as well as the other side. i think it's partly my fault. i don't spend as much time there. i definately favor the right side. i should really work on that.

oh, and also, i'm doing better with the situation about my youngest brother and his fiance. i didn't pray about it, but i'm certain someone else did. because all of the sudden i didn't care. i'm too busy to spend time being a pain in the rear end. and i do like her more. and i'm excited for them. these are all good things, but sometimes i can't help but feel like someone out there and God sure pulled a good one over on me. i didn't want to be fine with it and even though i am and i'm glad that i am, i still would have liked to be right.


my brother bob and his wife nicky are buying a new house. they close on friday and move on saturday. i went over and helped them clean for a while last night... it's a super cute house, but let me say this: gross. the woman who lived there was not in the same catagory of clean as anyone i know. i can see why the owner kicked her out. the bathroom i cleaned, which nicky said looked better than the one she'd already cleaned, looked like something blew up in there. i have never seen a bathroom like that. she also had funny ideas about where the best places were to store certain unmentionable toys, which were some of the only things she left behind. the pantry, the guest bathroom... perhaps a few presents for the new people? yeah. we threw them away. my brother laughed out loud at one point as i walked by him. to my what? he replied, 'it's just really, really weird to see you carrying something that says penthouse.'

i suppose that's a good thing.

posted by julie @ 11:03 AM

5 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

I have that habit too. wait, no. thanks for making me laugh really hard julie :) my gardens aren't doing very well at all. I'll see if I can get a picture for you.

 
At 6/29/2006 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more you know about people you don't know...the more you know you don't want to know them.
Know what I mean?

 
At 6/29/2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

You are such a funny writer. I'm always excited to read something new, but I rarely have time (or enough hands) to comment! :)

 
At 6/30/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

*smile*

 
At 6/30/2006 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, habits. When I first met my husband I was a clean freak. He called me 'Howard Hughes.' Since having kids, cats and a dog, I've relaxed quite a bit.

Though I was extremely disheartened upon hearing that "Myth Busters" had debunked the 5-second rule. I'd relied quite heavily on that when my kids were picking food off the floor...

Peace,
Cindy.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary