6.26.2006

work.

let me talk about my job for a minute. i don't usually say much about it, but that's because there isn't much to say. i'm a receptionist. i answer the phones, i make the (fantastic) coffee, i greet the visitors. when i applied for and accepted this job, this is what i wanted. i wanted to be overqualified. i wanted to do crosswords to fill the time. i wanted to not have to think. i wanted to rest. but mostly, i wanted a job. so i took this job of answering phones with a bit of data entry.

the interesting thing about being overqualified for a job is that people soon realize that you have a greater capacity than what they're using you for. and before you know it, your job is no longer filled with crosswords and crochet, but with more responsibility and projects. i still love my job... this is a wonderful place to work, it pays my bills and i have benefits. i'm just busy now.

all this to say that i'm sorry i haven't been posting much lately. i don't have internet access at home and once i get going at work, i run out of time to post. i'm making an end of june resolution, though. i'm actually going to start taking my fifteen minute breaks.

so, here's morning break #1. though fairly uninteresting, it does hold the promise of an afternoon post.

posted by julie @ 11:28 AM

2 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuses....get to it! :-)

 
At 6/26/2006 10:17 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

what I wouldn't give for a job where I could crochet all the time!! I am working on a super-secret project right now...maybe I can email you some pictures...I think it is my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary