11.11.2005

bits of good & sad.

today is my little brother's birthday. it's also veteran's day. when he was little, we used to tell him that the banks and post office were closed just for him. the plan for his present fell through and in my scurried attempts to fix that, i ended up with two gifts. so, it's official. i have started my christmas shopping.

wednesday night, i had harsh words with him. i have missed him as my friend and brother. he's changed. doesn't laugh much anymore and isn't around to hang with anymore. it makes me really sad. and reminded me harshly how alone i really am. and how well i've hidden that, even from myself.

my old friend kristi stopped in at my work on wednesday, as well. i hadn't seen her in about 4 years. she went off to austria for a while and though we emailed on occasion, we never connected when she came back on breaks. we both have this issue with telling stories. we like to do it. this means that she was here for a few hours. and all we did was catch up on the big things. we'll need to schedule another day to finish up. what an amazing person she is. you know how some people just exude light? she's one of them.

my good friend,
joel, finally posted again. i think we all thought it would never happen, so rejoice with him that he found the time.

i have a fairly empty weekend. this is a good thing. a very good thing. i'm hauling my winter clothes in from the garage and will put the summer clothes out there instead. now i will not have to wear the same things every week. which is also a very good thing.

they say we may get snow next week. i say bring it on. i want snow. i owe it to my snowshoes to take them out of the closet this year. if i don't, their poor little souls may die and i'll be out of luck. soulless snowshoes are no good. besides, when they cry all winter it makes me sad.

that's about all i have. thanks for listening. or reading... if you're looking for funny, read the last post. it's better.

posted by julie @ 4:06 PM

1 Comments:

At 11/13/2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

You write as though one were sitting with you . . . in front of the fire . . . (smile)

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary