11.29.2005

the town i live in.

would you like to know one of the many reasons i love my town? yesterday morning, i ran out of the door and jumped in my car. i threw it in gear, and realized that i had forgotten something i needed for work. i put it in park, jumped out and ran to the back door. i unlocked the door, stepped inside, grabbed the book, relocked the door and shut it on my way out. got back in my car and drove to work. had a rather uneventful day, ran some errands on the way home and when i got there, i gathered my goods to carry inside. i could not find my house keys. i figured it would all be fine (don't ask me to explain that logic), so i carried my things to the house. lo and behold... there were my keys in the door, one of which had gotten caught between the door and the frame, so the door didn't actually latch. i shook my head at myself and went inside, taking my keys with me.

what does this have to do with why i love the town i live in? simple. i didn't have to be worried that someone had pilfered all my things. i went inside and went about my evening.

posted by julie @ 10:18 AM

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss that.

The town I grew up in in MI is much the same way. My mom rarely locks the house. Nothing ever happens.

I'd like to get back there again.

Peace,
Cindy.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary