12.06.2005

gallons per mile.

about three weeks ago, i was driving to work when my speedometer needle went from 60 to 0 in about a second. of course my first thought was that my car was going to start on fire. that's always my fear. one of the few irrational fears i claim. everything seemed to be running fine, and as there would be nothing i could do on the side of the road if i pulled off, i kept driving. it was soon after i got on the interstate that i realized my odometer and tripometer didn't seem to be functioning either. this, was even more disappointing to me than not knowing how fast i was going. after taking the car to 222,222.2 miles, my obvious next goal was 333,333.3. my odometer stopped that day at 264,779. how would my reading ever be accurate again? how would i know when to celebrate?

have no fear, though, good friends. my odometer is working again. it now reads 264,780. yes, i have only driven 1 mile in three weeks. which is great, right? i should be saving on gas. but what i didn't know was that when your speedometer goes out, you start to get terrible gas mileage. this one mile has taken about thirty gallons of gas. i don't know if i can afford it. what i really need to do is call toyota city and talk to them. i've been meaning to for three weeks now, i just haven't remembered to do so during business hours. this is partly why i'm writing this... so that when i'm done, i can call. because i really need to. i tend to drive slower, i think, when i don't know how fast i'm going. and i haven't suddenly gained anymore time in the day than i had before. still 24 hours. still too many things to do.

posted by julie @ 8:30 AM

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 9:21 AM, Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I've discovered my Minnesota visitor.... Thanks for dropping by.
I recently rolled over 111,111 on my car. I doubt seriously I'll ever catch up to you, but then, I couldn't afford the gas if I did.

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary