7.05.2006

chuck roast, please.

i have a beef. let me share it with you.

i pride myself on my favorites menu. it's used heavily and i frequently clean it out to make sure it is in excellent working order.

when i first moved into the menu, i deleted all the folders they had as presets. except one. because it wouldn't let me. to this day, it's empty. and it bugs me that it's still in there.

what folder you ask? the links folder.

this is a two-sided beef, by the way. beef number one is that i cannot delete it. who are they to think that i need it? i don't. why? what a wonderful lead-in to beef number two.

everything in my favorites is a link. isn't that what it's for? so a links folder is redundant and completely unnecessary. sure, i could put everything into the links folder, but it adds an extra step to get to the items i want to access quickly.

i tried renaming it once, thinking i could get rid of it that way... you know, call it blogs and use it to access reading material. i moved all the blogs over from the old folder and renamed it. and do you think it renamed it? you'd be silly if you did, because i started this paragraph off letting you know that i tried to rename it. all it did was create a new folder.

so there's my beef. it's small. it won't mess much with the tilt of the earth, but it sure brings up an awfully good point.

posted by julie @ 10:27 AM

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 9:06 PM, Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I love your crazy brain!

 
At 7/05/2006 11:39 PM, Blogger kimberly said...

julie--
1. I'm down with a quilt project. let's talk.
2. I was annoyed about the links folder as well, until I learned how useful it actually can be. Maybe you already know this, but you can set what shows on the top of your page with the toolbars and all. You can make it so the ones in your links folder are always there right on the panel there. so the few I use the most I just have them there so I can get there with one click instead of pulling the favorites down.
anyways, that was long. but it changed my attitude when I learend that :)

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary