7.03.2006

the hour before.

this morning, i awoke to a cool breeze blowing on my face. as i drifted in and out of slumber for the next hour, i bundled my body in my quilt and moved so my face could feel the breeze. i could smell the rain coming and in between gusts, my face would get hot. in those moments, i moved closer to the window, hoping to catch the scent of the impending wetness and to feel the coolness again. i remember smiling. i remember thinking, i could stay here forever... i could have been in that moment for a lifetime. to feel what i felt and to be who i was. to have nothing more than the pleasure derived from a moment spent with God alone.

posted by julie @ 2:28 PM

2 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 12:57 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

Wow, Julie. What a wonderful way to start your day! Our entries and experiences ARE similar!...Hm. I wonder what God's doing in His kingdom???
Thank you for taking time to read and comment on my blog, Julie. It made my day!

 
At 7/07/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Jaime G said...

Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: amidst the water & the trees, minnesota

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary